My Boys

My Boys

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bryson at 6 months

 Bryson is 6 months old!  At his check-up the other day, he was 17 lb 11 oz (51st percentile), 27 in (62 percentile) and his head count was 47 cm.  His head is still measuring large.

Love his smiles.

Bryson is grabbing for everything, putting everything in his mouth, and turning into a slobbering machine.  His gums are swollen, which is probably contributing to the excessive drooling lately.  He loves this giraffe that MeeMaw bought him for Christmas.  It makes soothing noises, and this is how I find him sleeping most naps.

3 weeks ago, Bryson became an independent sitter.  I can leave him alone for long periods of times without him falling over, but we still keep a pillow behind him to be safe.

He's eating really well.  I'm making all my own baby food (fruits and veggies) this time because I have the time, it's easy, and it saves money.  Why didn't I try this with my other boys?!?  He eats both rice and oatmeal cereal, peas, spinach, carrots, applesauce, bananas, and peaches.  I tried giving him avocado, which he didn't like.  I had trouble getting the texture smooth enough so I think it was just a texture thing.  Sweet potato and green beans are the next foods I plan on introducing.

Bryson is capable of sleeping through the night and quite often does.  It just depends on his schedule for the day and how well he nurses for the last feeding of the night.  If he nurses for the last time around 7 or 7:30 pm (and eats well), then he can make it till 6:45am.  If the last nursing for the night is any earlier than 7pm, he usually wakes up around 5 to 5:30 am.  He is napping 3 times a day: a longer morning nap, a 30-minute mid-day nap, then a longer afternoon nap.

I get comments all the time about how Bryson is such a happy and calm baby.  I have to agree!  He takes everything in stride, but he still lets me know when he needs some attention.  :o)

4 comments:

LB said...

I love that you're making the baby food! Doesn't it make you feel extra happy inside when your baby eats that healthy food you made him?!

Elise said...

I made my own baby food too and I feel like it made my kids less-picky eaters. Once they were a little older than Bryson I just started taking something they foundationally liked (like pureed carrots) and adding in a little of whatever we were having for dinner (chicken, enchiladas, rice, even salmon). Just a little bit to start out, just so they got used to the flavors.

Kim said...

Time is flying by! Doesn't seem like he should be six months yet. That's also great that he sleeps through the night. Katie didn't do that till about 9 months old.

Lauren said...

He is so adorable! I CAN'T WAIT to meet him in a couple weeks! It'll be funny seeing a six month old and nine month old at the same weight side by side haha!