My Boys

My Boys

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Month 4: Improving a Talent

As part of my year-long happiness project for the month of January, I worked on practicing the piano every day for an hour. I loved this goal, and it did indeed make me happy!  It was so nice to have an excuse to play the piano every day when I otherwise would have found more "productive" things to do.  It was difficult some days to fit an hour in, and there were two Saturdays where the day was so busy that I didn't get a chance to practice at all.  There were also a handful of days where I practiced longer than my allotted time because I was enjoying myself so much!  If I couldn't fit it in during the day, I would practice after the kids went to bed when I normally would have watched TV or read a book to wind down the day.  Over the course of the month, I worked up a piano solo which I'm going to play in church, I enjoyed playing through several Broadway musical piano books, and I played through several classical pieces.  This month I relearned just how much I love playing the piano and that making the effort to practice every day lifted my spirits.  I can do with less TV and more piano-playing in my life!  I'm so grateful to my aunt for teaching me how to play and to my mom for pushing me to practice.

Last month I also indexed almost 400 names, I got over halfway through James L. Ferrell's book, The Holy Secret, and I continued to train for my half marathon race on March 2nd.

This month I'm going to work on positive thoughts about other people--no judging, giving the benefit of the doubt, and in general just being more loving.  I also want to finish another year of my blog book. We'll see how it goes. :o)

1 comment:

Genevieve Larsen said...

Reading about this inspires me so much! Great job!